A career in digital media is a rewarding and challenging profession covering many disciplines including web design, web development, illustration, video production and many other emerging areas as we see the continued growth online.
Getting into the industry doesn’t necessarily require a degree as experience can certainly help which can be gained from freelance work you have gained yourself, however, larger organisations will often require a degree and one specialising in digital media from a respected university can give you the credentials to standouts from other applicants in a competitive jobs market.
Below is a list of London universities that have degrees and course in digital media covering web design and development specifically. Often these universities have links with London based web design agencies which can help you gain work experience or a junior position as a web designer or developer after graduation.
- University of the Arts London – User Experience Design Degree
- Goldsmiths University of London – Web Design and Development: Advanced Coding
- BirkBeck University of London – Web design and development (Undergraduate Courses)
- University of Greenwich London – Graphic and Digital Design, BA Hons
- University of London, Distance Learning – Web and Mobile Development Degree
- Roehampton University – Digital Media Degree